""

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Play Dough Recipe

Rainy days make me feel like curling up with a good book and a cup of coffee. Miss Lia however, had other idea's and my work was calling so I put my sleepy self to work. Here is a glimpse of our morning:
I read stories, some of them several times.

I lit several candles and baked a double batch of our favorite chocolate chip cookies

Took a break with Miss Lia and enjoyed some warm cookies

I poured myself a cup of hot coffee to enjoy with my cookie

Made Apple Cinnamon Play Dough

Ate lots of play dough cookies made just for me. Lia told me, "I a mom, you a girl." I was supposed to come to her door and ring the doorbell before eating her cookies. Between eating play dough cookies, I got the floor swept and a little bit of cleaning done. How did I do it when I had 3 three yea olds??? I know I used to get tired of talking and answering "Why, mom" till the end of the day but this girl trumps them all. Perhaps it is because she and I are banging around the quiet house by ourselves.

Apple Cinnamon Play Dough

1-1.5 cups flour

1/4 cup salt

1.5 Tablespoons cream of tarter

1 Tablespoon vegetable oil

1 cup boiling water

2 teaspoons apple pie spice

1.5 teaspoon cinnamon

1.5 teaspoon nutmeg

mix all of ingredients together except water. Blend thoroughly add water and mix adding extra flour till the desired consistency is reached. Continue to knead until soft and pliable. Add red food coloring and enjoy! You may wish to add more spices to increase the apple scent.

I found this recipe while looking for sensory play idea's. This is perfect as it involves the sense of touch as well as the sense of smell. To add a bit of a different texture add glitter to your childs play dough. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!