""

Monday, October 6, 2014

Fall

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, cards and gifts. I feel blessed to have so many people willing to rally around and bless my day. I celebrated my birthday by packing for the cabin and cleaning my house. We spent a relaxing week end with Deans family at a local cabin. This morning it is back to the normal routine of appointments, caring for my family and meeting with mom's of troubled children. I am glad I can be of assistance to other hurting mom's, it is a small way I can repay the debt I owe to those who prayed, encouraged and comforted us when we were in the trenches, so to speak.
                   I have this Fall Blend simmering on my stove. 

Fall Blend Potpourri
peel from one orange
1 chopped apple
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 tablespoon cloves
1.5 cups water
simmer on your stove adding water as needed. This will last for 3 days...store in the refrigerator over night.

I made cinnamon rolls to take to the cabin. Lia said they are "thumbs up."
Joseph told her, thumbs up = good
sideways thumb = sorta good
thumb down = yuck

This is why we didn't get much from our garden this summer. Next year we will be putting up a fence



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!