""

Monday, May 18, 2015

God's Will and A Puppy

                           

   I saw this quote on someone's FB page and was blessed by it. 

The past week was a busy one and the upcoming days are just as full. Last week I had the privilege of spending time with other women who are walking a path similar to the one we are on. They shared insight they had gleaned over the years as well as renewing my courage for the road yet to be traveled. One evening I had coffee with a woman who along with her husband, is getting into foster care. She had some questions and I was only to glad to try to answer them. 
    Several times this week the question came up, "If you knew all that you do now, would you still have adopted?" I always say, Absolutely..... but sometimes I follow up with a yes and sometimes with a no. The truth is, this is where God has called us and there is no better place to be than in the center of God's will. However there are other times that I marvel at how naively we went into foster care/adoption. At the same time, Dean and I love each and every one of our children and cannot imagine life without them. Their struggles have made us grow whether we wanted to or not.



This little guy will be joining our menagerie sometime in the next week or two. When Emmie died Dean promised that we would buy a puppy and the children didn't let him forget his promise. Tristan has agreed to train the puppy as we have some high hopes for him. I know pets are often used to help children process trauma, we would also like to train him to help Joseph stay regulated.            Now to agree on a name for him!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!