""

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

What If Pain Is A Blessing

             BLESSINGS
We pray for blessings, we pray for peace
Comfort for family, protection while we sleep
We pray for healing, for prosperity
We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering
And all the while, You hear each spoken need
Yet love us way to much to give us lesser things

'Cause what if Your blessings come through rain drops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near
What if trials of this life are You're blessings in disguise

We pray for wisdom, You're voice to hear
We cry in anger, when we cannot feel You near
We doubt Your goodness, we doubt Your love
As if every promise from Your word is not enough
And all the while, You hear each desperate plea
And long that we'd have faith to believe

"Cause what if Your blessings come through raindrops
What if Your healing comes through tears
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near

What if my greatest disappointments or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if the trials of this life
The rain, The storms, The hardest nights
Are Your mercies in disguise
                  -Laura Story


Several years ago when I was facing yet another surgery and had just heard of someone else who was expecting a baby, Dean shared this song with me. I remember feeling angry, wondering what I had done to deserve this pain. Why didn't God answer my prayer? Dean said that perhaps this pain I was experiencing was one of God's greatest blessings. At the time I couldn't see how, but it gave me something to hang onto. The years passed and eventually I was able to look back on those years with thankfulness. Learning to cope with disappointment after disappointment helped me through some of the hard times we experienced in the past year or two. 

       Our experience with CYS gave us a much deeper faith and trust in God. We were faced with the prospect of giving Lia up because we sought help for Braden. God helped us through those tough days and gave us peace in the midst of the pain. Through that experience I came to trust God on a much deeper level than I ever had before making me believe that some of God's greatest blessings do come through tears, pain and sorrow. It still makes tears come to my eye's when I remember how close God was during that time of not knowing whether our little girl was going to be placed in another home or whether we would be allowed to adopt her. 

Which would you rather have:
Peace in your heart and a personal relationship with Jesus or riches of this world that do not last? 

It is so easy to put our hopes and dreams on things of this life but that is nothing compared to what Jesus has to offer!


                                   Image result for if god be for us who can be against us



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!