""

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Happy Birthday Joseph

Happy Birthday Joseph! 

8.5 years ago we got a phone call from CYS asking us if we would be willing to take two little boys who were 6 & 17 months old .... We said yes and jumped onto the wildest ride of our lives!

Last night Dean and I were talking about the past almost 9 years since we began foster care. As we discussed all the things that have happened, the thought came up, "Would you do it again?" Rather than answer that question publicly on here I will share Deans summary instead, "Being in the will of God is the safest place to be, even if it isn't easy."

Happy 9th Birthday Joseph! I made him a Tiger cake since his stuffed tiger is his most valued possession. I thought I did a decent job considering the fact that I waited until the last minute to decorate it but when I asked Joseph if he knows what it is he looked at the cake and said, "A person?" 


Joseph loves tools but he isn't safe with real ones so Dean bought him a plastic set for Christmas. This is how he spends his days. Without realizing it we bought him a gift that meets some of his sensory needs, ear muffs to block sound, safety glasses to block out some of the world and a hat to provide pressure.

Joseph - 6 months

Don't you just want to squeeze those chubby cheeks? Notice the bruise on his forehead? He was always falling or bumping into things.

Joseph has always loved to eat

7 years old
Last evening I met Dean at work and he took the children home while I went grocery shopping. Before we left Joseph came to me and said, "Mom, is going to dad after work my birthday gift?" I asked if that would be a good gift and he said, "It will be fun but it isn't really a good gift." 

We gave Joseph art supplies for his birthday, he loves drawing something he inherited from his birth mom. When I told him that he gets his love of drawing from her, he gave me a huge grin.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!