""

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Update On Kiana



We are nearly 2/3 of the way through Kiana's first month of treatment with her LLMD (Lyme Literate Medical Doctor). Thankfully her rages have decreased greatly in intensity and they do not last nearly as long as they had even two weeks ago. We feel she is more emotionally unstable  and she certainly has a lot more physical symptoms, although that can be a good thing as it means the Lyme is dying off, but neither Dean nor I are sure that is what is happening. The more I learn about Lyme the scarier it is. The good thing is that knowing how devastating Lyme can be, gives me yet another opportunity to increase my trust and faith in God.

 Her therapy is also going pretty well. Mr D is a lot like Miss Laura, who used to be B's therapist. He and I talk about how Kiana was since her last visit before bringing her into the room which greatly hinders her ability to manipulate the session. Best of all he is a Christian! Her homework assignment for this week is to ask God to show her ways that she is special and then to report what she has learned at her next session. That is a tough assignment for someone suffering from her level of trauma and insecurities, but it is our prayer she will be surprised to learn just how special she is. Since she doesn't trust/believe Dean and I she doesn't believe us when we tell her we love her despite her actions. Neither does she believe she is a special girl, which we honestly think she is!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!