""

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Donuts and Birthdays

I have this quote from a daily devotional hanging in my kitchen,
   The very fact of trial proves there is something in us that is very precious to our Lord,
else he would not spend so much time and pain on us. Christ would not test us if he did not see the precious ore of faith mingled in the rocky matrix of our nature; and it is to bring this out into purity and beauty that he forces us through the fiery ordeal.

Being confident of this very thing, that he who has begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Philippians 1:6

Am I allowing myself to be molded and shaped into the person God wants me to be? I have grown in some area's but every time one thing is brought into submission, another area in need of growth pops up. I am continually in need of God's grace and mercy. Learning about attachment disorder has taught me so much about myself and my relationship with God. I long for a close relationship with him but when he pulls me closer and requires me to hand over more of my self, I pull back because I am afraid he will ask me to do something that I feel is to hard. I need to just trust him. Children with attachment disorder need to learn to trust that we as their parents do have their best interest in mind but they are afraid to hand over that trust for fear we will hurt them. Trust is such a small word with huge ramifications and huge blessings.

Donuts rising

Joseph watching the donut making process

Covering the creme filled donuts in powdered sugar

The finished product, waiting to be divided out

 I got between 4-5 dozen! If you like homemade donuts, stop by and we can enjoy one along with our coffee!



We had a birthday to celebrate this week. I won't say how old he is, but he claims he felt slighted when he saw there were only ten candles on his cake. I wanted to make something special and the Oreo Cake looked like just the thing, except I didn't have a cake mix. The recipe called for a cake mix and some other ingredients, I was then  to pour it into two round cake pans, which I didn't have; so a 9x13 had to do. The idea was to place the filling in between the two round layers making it look like a giant oreo cookie. Thankfully my husband isn't bothered by small details such as the shape of the pan! The children dug through their treasures and wrapped some gifts for him. They took the items back again because they wanted to give daddy gifts but didn't want him to keep them.


A friend stopped by and brightened my day with this spring like basket. I feel so unworthy of all the things my friends do for me... they obviously know my love language and use that knowledge to encourage me on my journey of life.






1 comment:

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!