""

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Back Again

I am back again! The past few weeks have been busy with end of school projects, repainting the kitchen/dining room, working in my flower beds and all the other things mothers do. We had a very relaxing weekend. Saturday was spent working outside. On Sunday evening I had Deans family over.
Yesterday I did some baking,and helped Dean and the children pick up rocks in the "back 40"we spent the evening sitting around a campfire toasting marshmallows.

Rows of pumpkin whoopie pies waiting to be eaten

Our camp fire. The children loved listening to the bamboo poles snap and crack. Tristan thought we should cook some bamboo. It is supposedly edible. Dean found a recipe but there were several steps you needed to follow and I am almost certain no one will like it. We decided to leave bamboo off of the days menu.

Joseph posing for me while I played with my camera. Dean got some better pictures on his phone but I forgot to tell him to download them onto the computer.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for the 2013-2014 term. Bring on Summer vacation!  It always takes us a little while to adjust to the new schedule but I enjoy being able to have a more relaxed schedule and picnics, swimming, cook outs and all the other fun things that come with summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!