""

Monday, November 17, 2014

Slow Cooker Cinnamon Almonds And Blessings

This rainy day finds me feeling very lazy and unmotivated. I did some laundry and put it in the dryer, something I don't like doing but when your sons' holler that they need clean clothing you wash rain or shine. :)
A friend posted the following recipe on FB and I immediately book marked it for future reference. Try it for yourself, you won't be sorry you did.

Lia was my helper. She poured the nuts into a bowl, poured the sugar into another bowl and stirred it. She also ate a spoonful when I had my back turned! If you look closely you can see the sugar granules sticking to her mouth.


Ready for the oven.

The finished product, of which I ate more than I should have. 

SLOW COOKER CINNAMON ALMONDS
     1.5 cups sugar
                1.5 cups brown sugar
                      3 Tablespoons cinnamon
1 egg white
            2 teaspoons vanilla
      3 cups almonds
  1/4 cup water

mix sugar's and cinnamon. In a separate bowl whisk egg white and vanilla until egg is frothy. Stir almonds into egg white mixture, stir until thoroughly coated. Pour sugar over almonds and stir until coated. Spray a crock pot with cooking spray, add almonds. Turn your crock pot to low and cook 3-4 hours, stirring every 20 minutes. In the last hour add 1/4 cup water and stir well. This will give the nuts a crunchy coating. Pour almonds onto parchment lined baking sheet to cool.

* I put mine in the oven since I no longer own a crock pot, I also used a mixture of almonds and peanuts. I poured melted butter over the nuts instead of water. I would decrease the sugar to 1 cup each of white and brown as I had a lot left over.
 here is the link to the website where I found the recipe.

Today I am rejoicing that I have the honor of being Lia's mom. A year ago we didn't know if she could stay. Our hearts broke at the thought of parting and the questions and fears that the parting would give her. We are so thankful to God for allowing her to stay and for all of you who prayed for strength and courage for Dean and I while we waited to see how her case would turn out. I am especially thankful for my healthy little girl when I think of the little boy from church who is the same age as Lia and suffering from leukemia. He has had a rough week so if you think of Avian lift him and his parents up to the Father with whom all things are possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!