""

Friday, March 6, 2015

Life At Our House

Dean took Tristan to Five Guys for his birthday supper. He takes all the children out to eat for their birthdays and they anticipate it all year.

I finally finished Tristan's weighted blanket. I made it for him for his birthday. He has been asking for one for quite awhile now and it kept getting pushed to the end of the list.

This week was one of those weeks where everything just seems to pile into a few days. Earlier in the week I was trying to work ahead as much as possible because I knew I had over scheduled myself and would have to pay for it later. 

Yesterday I was invited to my sister for the day. My mom, sisters and I were getting together to make noodles, something I have never done before. We had this planned for weeks already and I was looking forward to it. However, the snow cancelled those plans along with school. The children and I used the unexpected day off to clean their bedrooms. They weren't overly thrilled about the plan but they are enjoying clean rooms. 
Today school was delayed 2 hours so I used that time to get a few odd jobs done around the house. I am driving the school van this week so we slipped and spun our way to pick up my friends children only to find them outside sledding. School had been cancelled and I hadn't gotten the message. Tristan cheered but Kiana was upset about missing show and tell. Back home we went.  I wish I could say we spent the next 2 hours getting lots of things done but I can't.

This afternoon was Joseph's long awaited appointment with an allergy doctor. He has had hives and skin rashes off and on for several weeks now and it is time we get some answers. Joseph had to be off all medication and creams for several days prior to his appointment so you can imagine what our week was like.
He takes a sleep aid and it was on the no-no list so he didn't get much sleep. We got a harsh reminder of what he used to be like before he began getting 12 hours of sleep every night. His moods and ability to function changed from moment to moment. Sometimes he appeared to be on a high, other times, he couldn't see the milk jug that was setting beside him. He harassed Lia and picked on Kiana until I didn't know what to do anymore. Due to his behavior I was more anxious than ever to get this appointment behind us.

The doctor sent an information packet along with forms for me to fill out about a week ago. I was supposed to bring those along to Joseph's appointment. In spite of that we were still supposed to arrive 15 minutes early to register. When we got there, no one was around. I could hear voices but couldn't see anyone. I signed Josephs name at the front desk and we sat and waited for 15 minutes until the secretary came her desk. She called Joseph's name and I handed her the paper's I had filled out. She took one look and said, "I wasn't aware he had secondary insurance. We won't be able to see him today." I was like, "What!" I asked if she could just submit it to the primary insurance company and she said that would be fraud because I had written down that Joseph has secondary insurance. "If I would have known, I would have gotten the correct paperwork together. I need a release number from the doctors office and I won't be able to get that in time to keep today's appointment." So we rescheduled the appointment and came home. Let that be a lesson to me not to fret about a full schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!