""

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Laughs and Good Food

Joseph loves to keep things. Paper scraps, straws, plastic utensils....pretty much everything I throw away, he considers a treasure. I think it has to do with extreme deprivation he experienced during the first 6 months of his life. Anyway, we have a van that we share with several other families. Each family takes their turn to drive the children to school. The van has lasted longer than we dared hope and Joseph caught wind that we might be needing to get another one before to much time has elapsed. Hearing this put Joseph's "need to keep everything" on high alert. The other morning he said, "Mom, we should keep the school van until I get married." When I asked him why he said because he wants to keep the keys. 

Later Tristan told me that Joseph was telling some of his friends about our "old van." He said, "Our school van is so old God probably made it when He made Adam and Eve!"

The other day I called Dean to ask him a question. Lia overheard me and wondered who I was talking to. I told her I was talking to daddy.
Lia: our daddy?
Me: Yes
Lia: was it Hon?
Me: Yes
Lia: Hon is just the sweetest thing, he buys tractors n stuff.  



Dean smoked a beef brisket yesterday. He put potatoes in the smoker along with the beef. We used them to make stuffed potatoes, they were delicious! He also made some baked beans that turned out to be super spicy. So much so that some of us couldn't eat them. Kiana loved them though. She had several servings. She told me her ears are starting to hurt because the beans are spicy. That girl can eat foods that have the rest of us gasping and gulping water....and she loves every bite


Displaying IMG_0769.JPG

Displaying IMG_0768.JPG


Displaying IMG_0765.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!