""

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Cabin Fun

Finished orders!


The girls and I went out for frozen yogurt and did some shopping Friday evening while Dean took the boys to a truck show.

Sunday afternoon we left home to spend a few days at the cabin with my family. This was the view from the front porch. It was lovely, the mountains and creek refresh and calm me.

Monday we biked 18-20 miles. We packed our lunch and ate alongside the trail. I brought plenty of food and water along to keep us fueled. Lia rode in the bike trailer behind Dean and I biked beside Joseph. He loves biking but had never biked that far before. I was worried about him but with frequent rests, plenty of water and protein to keep him fueled, he made it!
Getting ready to hit the trail!

A deer along the trail

...and a bear! We also saw a rattlesnake. Kiana almost drove over it with her bike. 

Someday Dean and I want to bike the whole 40 miles of trail. Someday, when we don't have to pull bike trailers and worry about people falling off the side of the trail because they forget to watch where they are going, that is!






I don't have a picture of Kiana because the one I took of her didn't turn out well.


Lia really wanted to ride her bike on the trail so we went for one last ride before we headed home.

The children loved playing in the creek





  





A tired little boy

two gumballs!

Roasting marshmallows for s'mores. 
We had a very enjoyable time but as always, it felt so good to be home again!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!