""

Friday, January 3, 2014

Snow Candy

Tristan was thrilled to have a snow day. I was glad there was enough snow to cancel school because our big raft of a school van does next to awful on snowy roads. When Tristan saw the snow he immediately asked if we can make snow candy like Laura Ingalls did. I made a deal with him; help with the cleaning and laundry and we will make candy. Till we were finished with the housework it was time to take Joseph to therapy so candy making had to wait until this afternoon. Here is the recipe:
     SNOW CANDY
1 cup Maple Syrup (which I didn't have so I mixed pancake syrup and corn syrup)
1/4 cup butter

Boil 6-7 minutes, remove from heat and let set two minutes then pour over a dishpan of clean snow






The candy tasted alot like taffy. It was surprisingly good considering we lacked the main ingredient.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!