""

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Our Projects

                                        Dean has been busy remodeling the bathroom.


Out with the old and in with the new.


Kiana and Joseph used their markers and crayons to draw on the card board that was on the bath tub.


This is my latest project: weighted blankets. 


  1. Weighted blankets are a tool occupational therapists (OTs) often recommend for kids with ADD/ADHD, SPD, and autism spectrum disorders to help with calming. The weight is intended to provide proprioceptive input to the brain, which has a calming and organizing effect on the central nervous system.




I found a Dick and Jane book at the library. Kiana was thrilled to discover she was able to read it. She wrapped her weighted blanket around her shoulders, curled up beside me and read aloud while I typed this post. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!