""

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Recipe's

Happy New Year! I should have something deep and moving to write about but my mind is blank so I will share some recipe's I tried this week.


Pecan Pie Squares
Crust:
2 sticks butter
          2/3 cup brown sugar
  2 2/3 cups flour
   1/2 teaspoon salt

Topping:
 4 ounces butter
      1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
            2 Tablespoons honey
        2 teaspoons vanilla
              2 cups chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350, line 9x13 pan with foil leaving 2 inches hanging over the sides
Cream butter and brown sugar add flour and salt and mix till crumbly
Press into foil lined pan and bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown
in a heavy saucepan combine butter, brown sugar, heavy cream and honey. Bring to boil stirring all the while, boil 1 minute and remove from heat then add vanilla and pecans
pour filling over crust and bake 18-20 minutes
Cool bars completely and remove foil then cut into squares.

These bars are delicious with a cup of coffee. I couldn't leave them alone so I put them in the freezer.

Have leftover candy canes? Make a chocolate peppermint cake!

I made it the simple way using a chocolate cake mix and since I was in a hurry I used my regular vanilla icing recipe. Next time I will find a fluffy whipped cream frosting. Bake your cake in two round cake pans and layer the cake, frosting and crushed candy canes. Simple but good.

 A friend shared a simple cinnamon roll recipe. I tried it out yesterday. Friends from church got together last night and we were all to take a finger food. At 4:00 I got the crazy notion to make some cinnamon rolls to take along.

I also mixed up a Herbed Cheese Bread Ring for supper. I say my daughter is impulsive but there is a good chance I am just as bad as she is. :)  To make the cinnamon rolls, I used a donut mix I found at the local grocery store and added yeast and water. You let the dough rise for an hour and then to roll out and top with cinnamon and sugar and roll up like a jellyroll. So much faster than the recipe I used before.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!