""

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Losing Emmie


Yesterday our dog Emmie died. She had been sick for quite awhile already and since she was "elderly" in dog years Dean and I knew that this was going to happen sooner or later. We were all sad but Joseph was inconsolable. So much so, that I was getting concerned. Dean saved Emmie's tags and gave them to Joseph. I tied them onto the stuffed tiger he sleeps with. That helped him feel a little bit better and eventually he was able to calm down.
We have been researching service dogs for children who have FASD and we thought perhaps now would be a good time to look into it a bit more seriously.
 4 Paws For Ability is where other parents have bought dogs for their children. However the $22,000 price tag made us reconsider! 
We promised the children we would buy a puppy. Kiana said she doesn't want a puppy she wants Emmie back but when we talked about all the fun things you can do with a puppy, she had to smile and admitted that it would be fun. I am remembering all the holes puppies like to dig, how they chew on everything and all the trouble they get into. If a puppy helps the children work through losing Emmie then I will gladly put up with all the mess a puppy makes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!