I asked my readers for their self care tips. Here are their responses, thanks for sharing!
- Leave the children with dad when he is home and go to town
- chatting with friends
- getting a massage
- receiving and encouragement gift, phone call or text
- week ends away with friends who "get it"
- indulging in a special snack
- treating myself to a favorite coffee drink
- posting Bible verses throughout the house
- online support groups
- having a therapist for myself, someone who listens and can guide my hurting heart and help me see the truth
- putting my child to bed early so my husband and I can refuel
- eating healthy/drinking lots of water
- having a mentor
- sending my child to school even though homeschooling would help him bond.
- having a hobby
- I cut myself some slack. I cannot participate in some of the obligatory activities of the social world and that is ok.
- I put my child in respite
don't forget to:
Thursday, April 9, 2015
Self Care Tips For Parents Of Traumatized Children
I am a daughter of the King, wife to Dean and mother to four. 1 biological, 3 adopted through the foster care system. I enjoy reading, writing, coffee, research and caring for my family. Blogging is another hobby of mine, you can find my blog at: talesfromourhouse.blogspot.
com also follow me on FB Tales From Our House Blog. I blog about daily family life, Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD), FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder) and adoption. I would love to have you follow my blog so I can share the amazing things I am learning.