""

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mothers Day

Today has truly been a gift from God! I realize everyday is a gift, one that to often I take for granted but today has been extra special because my two middle children, the ones for whom this day is always exceptionally challenging, have been having a good day! I told Dean I woke up prepared to batten down the hatches and ride out the storm. The storm never came and I will admit that has me a little uneasy but I will enjoy this foreign thing called "peaceful family life," while it lasts.

Dean bought me a lovely plant for Mothers Day. 


Kiana and Joseph have been making me cards and picking bouquets of wildflowers and ferns. "For you, Mom!" 


Lia and I bought and planted  flowers on Friday. Forget the cleaning!

The past week was full of drama and trauma...who knew Track & Field could cause so much anxiety?

One evening Joseph was nearly inconsolable and none of our usual methods of redirecting him was working. Dean suggested giving him a stack of paper to shred...and it worked!

This morning I was greatly encouraged by the Mother's Day message on the influence of a mother. So often, it feels as though I am just not enough. I am not my children's birth mom and I can't take their pain away, but this morning I was reminded that even though I cannot do those things, my actions still make a difference in their lives. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. I love hearing from my readers!